Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, September 4, 2026

Solving a Problem Like Maria

This afternoon's high is supposed to be in the low 80s (F).  We have 71 (F) right now.  The sun is shining.  Though, as we should all expect by now, there is a threat of thunderstorms this afternoon.  In fact, for the next week our afternoons are going to be threatened by thunderstorms.  Highs are expected to be in the mid to upper 80s (F), though there does seem to be a cooling trend on the horizon.  This is a good thing.  Everyone I know is ready for Autumn.  Though what late Autumn and Winter are going to be like is anybody's guess since El Nino seems to be supersizing out in the Pacific.  If I'm remembering correctly, the last time we had a serious El Nino, out winter was extremely mild.  

Yesterday was quiet here.  I'm in the process of taking all of my Trainwell workouts and and modifying them, keeping certain exercises and routines and throwing others out, like squats.  Squats are out.  There are quite a few other quad and glute focused exercises in which you don't need to squat.  I did one of the preliminary routines yesterday and was rather pleased.  Other exercises will be added until I end up with a routine that runs around 50 minutes, or so.

I also broke the 3 pounds of angus ground beef I'd bought at Karn's in 8 oz servings, that's 6 servings at about 380 calories each.  Those servings should last for a while since I tend to eat more chicken and pork than I do beef.

And, of course, the breaking news was about Maria Bartiromo getting fired by Fox.


So, Fox Entertainment is no longer asking "how do we solve a problem like Maria."  I'm hearing that she has already hired a "high profile attorney."  This means that Fox is once again going to be going into court because of the Orange Anus.  They last time this happened they settled out of court with Dominion Voting, paying Dominion $787 million.  Can you hear me laughing?  Things are going to get real interesting if this makes it to the Discovery stage of the trial.

People are wondering if this means Fox Entertainment might be trying to cut the umbilical cord of propaganda between themselves and the White House.  Have they, so to speak, seen the writing on the wall?  Possibly... somewhat.  More likely I think they're trying to butter both sides of a slice of bread, cover their asses, so to speak, if the midterm elections go horribly wrong for the Republicans.  How would something like that effect their viewership?  The only time Fox will take the side of the loser is if they find that by doing so viewership is going to increase.  At this point, with Orangie's approval rating on the economy at 29% I'm suspecting they're not seeing a good return on an investment by claiming he is now one of the downtrodden.

Oh, and the government just released the jobs report for August.  Don't believe them.  ADP reported that only 38,000 jobs had been created.  Orangie's team, on the other hand, pulled the number 162,000 out of their ass.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment