Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

The Good Thing

The temp in the house dropped down to 70 (F) overnight.  Last night was great sleeping weather, as they say. Temps are going to be warming up, at least that's what the forecasters are saying. Yesterday's high was around 61 (F), today we're supposed to top off at around 67 (F).  That's fine.  Forecasted highs for the next 2 weeks are supposed to be in the mid 70s (F), so the time has come to take out the small window A/C units I have in the bedroom and workout out room.

My cancelation of Trainwell was official yesterday.  They officially thanked me, agreed with me that my trainer was outstanding, but said nothing regarding my suggestion that they initiate senior citizen rates.  If anyone is interested in an online trainer, I recommend them, at least for a few months.  I used them for a total of 9 months, and while they'd basically like you to from a lifetime commitment, that didn't happen. 

I had lunch at Pinera yesterday and I have to say I was disappointed.  Seventeen years ago, when I was at the Carlisle store, I used to have lunch there at least once, sometimes twice a week.  Back then you could choose the type of bread you wanted, sourdough, wheat, or rye, and it was thick.  Now the menu is pretty much set and the bread is thin.  I ordered a chicken, cranberry salad on wheat and the bread began falling apart in instant I picked up the sandwich.

I used my grain grinder this morning.  Four cups of barley grain yields almost 7 cups of flour.  Tomorrow I'm going to either bake bread or make homemade pasta.


I don't have the inclination to check out such things, but others do, so after a quick glance at Threads I can report that as of an hour ago 467 fools were watching Orangie TV.

Yesterday's lunch was with my cousin and her husband, both big supporters of the ass in the White House... well, not anymore.  I'm not one to rub people's noses in their own mistakes, so mostly I remained silent, except for one statement.  Being life long Republicans, I know their shining hero has always been Reagan, so I said, "I remember when Reagan called us a shining city on a hill... that is no longer the case."  Sometimes it's the simple reminders that hurt the most.

And Orangie spoke at the United Nations yesterday.  His speech was peppered with stupidities and salted with inanities.  There were several pregnant pauses during which he anticipated applause.  Since a vast majority of the representatives had found something more interesting to look at on their phones, he received none.  This was a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment