Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Failing Badly

We're on the slightly humid side this morning and I'm blaming the torrential rains we had last night.  Torrential rains, you ask?  Wowza!  From around 9:30 PM till nearly 11 PM, here in Central PA, mother nature put on a dazzlingly spectacular light show accompanied by window rattling booms and crashes. We've been getting one of these thunderboomers so frequently, I'm beginning to believe this is a part of climate change.

As planned, I got my haircut yesterday.  I usually got Great Clips, a barber/styling salon that was cheap and quick.  You might want to blame it on the Navy, but I truly hate getting my haircut.  That being said, a senior haircut now costs $18.  I consider that rather expensive for 7 minutes of snip, snip, snip... oh, and having to deal with the babbling chit chat from a 50+ year old stylist with purple hair.  I did not need to hear that her boyfriend, who works in Montana and who lost 250 pounds, was coming home and that they were going to play disc golf.  Still, the haircut was decent, so I endured.

Later on this morning I'm going to be renewing my driver's license.  This will entail showing an employee from the Department of Motor vehicles my passport (to get my real ID) and then having my picture taken.  If you've been reading me long enough, you might remember that the last time I had my license renewed there was a woman who kept having her picture taken, over, and over, and over again because she wasn't satisfied with the way she looked.  Can't you just hear the police officer saying, "ma'am, I'm going to ticket you for driving 85 mph in a 35 mph zone, but that is a stunning picture of you."

After 286 days at sea, the USS Abraham Lincoln is now docked at Laem Chabang Port, Pattaya, Thailand.  This is embarrassing. I cannot imagine what this ship is like on the inside.  Hegseth is failing badly.



And in their attempt to stay in power, Republicans in Texas have shut down 30% of the polling stations in Tarrant county.  This is a prime example of utter stupidity.  These fools think that making Democrats drive farther to vote will keep them from the polls.  Their tiny brains also believe that Republican voters are different, and will have no problem driving any distance, no matter how far, to keep the Republican party in power.  If obtuse is a point, these Republicans are making it.  They don't understand that most seniors, those people in their 70s and 80s, those people most likely to vote Republican, will stay home rather than drive for 45 minutes in order to stand in line for 3 hours to vote.  Because the party of selfishness and greed is unable to change, they will punish their most loyal base out of sheer stupidity.  This party deserves to fail... badly.







2 comments:

  1. Republicans are stupid. If I lived in Tarrant County I'd offer myself up as a driver to get people to the polls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the ship certainly reveal its atrocious condition. I was shocked by how bad it looks. Give Kegsbreath a wire bristle brush and order him to remove all that rust by himself.

    ReplyDelete