Well, it's 63 (F) here in Central PA and we'll be topping off in the upper 70s (F) sometime this afternoon. Tomorrow and Friday our daily highs will be in the mid 80s (F). This is great when it comes to saving on your heating expense. I like to keep the heat turned off until October, some years that has been difficult. Not so this year. Except for those 2 weeks during which the sun attempted to melt us, this summer has not been that bad. Natural gas and electric bills are still going up, but not because of usage. High bills have everything to do with price increases and little, if anything, to do with how frequently they've been turned on.
Even though I did a lot yesterday, some serious fall cleaning, baking a bread pudding, and working on the new book, I still had enough time for naps. This tends to be SOP whenever I work 25 hours. Whether this is actually work related, or the fact that I sometimes just look for an excuse to take a nap is up for debate. It doesn't help that Howie knows what the word nap means and the mere mention of it sends him racing up the stairs.
As I've said, I've been playing Kingdome Come, Deliverance II, and I will admit to having made some serious mistakes. This is a Role Playing Game in which your main character (me) has to both eat and sleep... and bathe. If you don't take a bath, other characters will tell you that you stink and refuse to help you. If you don't eat or sleep the game will just grind to a halt. These are things I had to learn. This being said, this evening I'm going to load an earlier save and start anew. Here's the trailer. Be forewarned, there is violence and language, and when I get farther on in the game there will be sex.

And with their name calling etc they sounded like kids on a playground. Jack Smith was awesomely composed. The revealing of their stupidity was priceless..
ReplyDeleteThe name calling surprised me the most, but then they are Republicans, and of course they had no idea how stupid they were going to look.
DeleteThe stupidity of the GOP knows no bounds. I saw a clip of Darline Graham whining that Smith had embarrassed her brother.
ReplyDeleteBitch.Please.
That she read that statement after being told by Smith that he thought her brother was an honorable, decent man, defines her incompetence.
DeleteI came here to read your take on this...PRICELESS indeed!!!! Hahaha haha I loved it so damn much.
ReplyDeleteJack Smith should be our next Attorney General. He would be excellent.
And the ramifications of Republican stupidity are still bouncing off the walls.
Deletewe have a sunny 68 degrees here at noon. i am also glad I made it to the end of September without turning on the furnace which I got serviced and cleaned yesterday. my house is at 71 degrees today, still good.
ReplyDeletei watched that Jack Smith joke of a questioning yesterday. Jack told the truth and left egg on the face of stupid donald mouthpieces. It was very entertaining to see the looks on their faces.
The Republicans failed attempt at sabotage was so embarrassing.
Deletethat was gigi
ReplyDeleteI know.
DeleteI don't seem to be able to nap since I retired, whereas I used to adore a Saturday afternoon siesta when I was working. Mind you, anything longer than a 30 minute nap would probably put me in a bad mood anyway!
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for that. I used to think naps were bad, that I could find a better use of my time, but now they've become tiny escapes from the reality we're dealing with.
DeleteThat 20-degree October drop is brutal, Dave—prepare the flannel!
ReplyDeleteLoved the phrase "shedding extravaganza." I know that battle all too well with my doggos. Glad to hear you're shedding retail metrics too—much less stressful.
Always appreciate your political breakdowns; watching folks like Blackburn sue their way directly into public discovery never fails to amaze. Hope you and Howie get an extra long nap in today before the front blows through!
On the bright side of shedding, it'll slow down over the winter. And people like Blackburn always lose out in the discovery phase.
Delete