We had no rain yesterday. None last night either. Right now, the sun's shining and we have a temp of around 71 (F). According to some forecasts, our high this afternoon will be in the low 80s (F), according to others we'll be in the the high 70s (F). I don't really care about this afternoon's weather since I'm working.
Yesterday was rather meh. I did a little cleaning, baked a blueberry thingy by dashing a number of ingredients into a bowl, stirring briskly, and than baking the batter in the oven. I ended up with something like a cakie cookie that will be going with me to work this afternoon as a snack.
And sometime yesterday I realized that Friday was the beginning of a holiday weekend. Some people will have a 3 day holiday, others 4 days. Being my age and semi-retired I'm on a holiday most of the time, so all this holiday means to me is an extra 4 hours holiday on my check.
I'm also celebrating (not the right word) 18 years with the orange retailer I work for. That means as of midnight last night, I have 80 hours of paid vacation on the books just waiting to be taken. Yes, I earn vacation pay. I'm also still accruing personal time. I told management I should get a cake for my anniversary. That ain't gonna happen.
Here's a picture of the blueberry thingy.

I am envisioning Kegsbreath in a straight jacket.
ReplyDeleteDon’t you have privacy laws in America? We have beautiful weather this holiday weekend cool 60’s at night and mid 70’s daytime with lots of sun. Feel good weather after the terrible storm a few days ago. My neighbours tree shed a few limbs into my yard but he is going to cut them up and remove them. He is very good to me. Your blueberry thingy looks good. I am not a good cook anymore but I’m great at reheating. I have not watched tv for a couple of days as I don’t want to see that ugly orange face anymore. I need a break. Gigi
ReplyDelete