Today's weather looks to be a repeat of what we had yesterday, though the forecasters were wrong, thunderstorms did not strike. Around 10:15 PM, I left Howie out for his final pee and there did seem to be a slight drizzle falling... possibly. The very light rain, if that what was falling, was evaporating before hitting the ground. Anyway, today's going to be much of the same thing.
Work was really slow yesterday. Customers were buying, but not in the flooring department. I'm fairly certain that I lost a sale because our installers took too long to get back to us on a simple question. To be honest, the installers weren't the only ones to blame. My customers wanted to put our top of the line vinyl plank flooring over a ceramic tile floor. The flooring they chose has no problem with this, however, when the quote was built an expensive charge was added to rip up and haul away the tile. This is not what the customer wanted. Instead of getting back to us in a timely manner, waited... and waited, until finally sending us an email officially telling us there was no need to rip up that tile.
Today, is the anniversary of 9/11, 2001. Hundreds of millions of Americans can pinpoint the exact moment when the tragic news broke. I was working in the accounting department for International Paper, and I found out when my mom called me at the office. The first thing she said when I answered the phone was "David, a plane just flew into the World Trade Center." International Paper had a distribution center directly across the river from the World Trade Center and many of the associates working there were out on the loading dock watching the tragedy unfold. Since we were the accounting hub, someone was always on the phone with us. Shortly after the 2nd plane hit, our trucks were told to return to the distribution center. Drivers were stuck in traffic. People on the phone to us were crying. Someone had a small black and white TV in their car and brought it in, and over 50 associates stood silently watching the horror unfold. That's where I was on 9/11.

On That terrible Sept 11 I had just walked in the door from a training run for the Honolulu marathon. My husband was watching it all unfolding on the television. He yelled come here and see this, a plane just hit the world trade building. I watched as the second plane hit and then figured it was more than an accident. I called my daughter who worked in a tall building in the financial district of Toronto and told her to get out of there. When she told her boss about New York, they all were sent home as a precaution. I was so happy that we could land all those planes in Gander. I remember landing there when planes needed to refuel after crossing the Atlantic. It is really was in the middle of nowhere.
ReplyDeleteGlad trumpalooser was a bust. I guess they are telling him it was a winner but they are not even buying that he will pass out any cheques. If he has that kind of money it would be better paying down the debt but we all know that that would never happen. Gigi