Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, October 21, 2024

Fry This

 We are in the middle of an October heat wave.  For the next 3 days temps are supposed to top off at 80 (F), and we're supposed to have full sunshine.  That's so nice.  I don't mind saving money on my heating bill.  Of course, beginning Thursday, our temps will only be climbing into the mid 60s (F), and I don't know if I'd actually call that climbing.

Timing is everything.  I say this because this morning I took Howie out for his morning doodle and deedle and he did a long deedle, but I was in a rush, so I swooped him up and brought in back in the house... where he promptly had another small deedle and dropped a doodly present for me to clean up.  Patience is a virtue.  On occasion I am lacking.  

Howie also got to meet the neighbors yesterday.  They have a labradoodle, a cross between and Labrador and a poodle, not a poopy Labrador.  Their dog will soon be a year old, and she said he's still chewing.  They bought their dog the same way they bought their house, without thinking.  

I do get to work today.  I'm not too excited.  You see, one of my fellow associates sold a vinyl sheet installation and told the customer that if she took pictures she could upload them to our installer in order for them to determine how much floor leveling they were going to need to do (she has some damage).  We don't do that.  The measure tech makes that assessment when he's at the house.  Now she's going to have to wait until the installers get to her house, and, if they need to do heavy leveling there will be a much larger charge.  

And the Orange Anus worked at a closed McDonald's yesterday and everybody laughed at him.  Who, in their right mind, thought this was a good idea?  A big thanks to the Times of India for the pic!


I think the real problem with Trump staging a photo op at a McDonald's is that it shows how easily this feeble minded man can be played.  Because he has derided the fact so frequently of Harris' own work there when she was in high school, I'm led to believe that he sees this as a point in her favor among middle and lower class Americans, many of whom have also worked in fast food during those very same years in their lives.  And so this 78 year old man stood by and watch a McDonald's employee cook up a batch of fries so he could fake being a McDonald's employee.  The entire stunt was just like Donald, fake.  The store was closed.  The customers were fake.  It was stagey and unrealistic.  Someone in his campaign must have thought this was a good way to get people talking about something other than his comments about Arnold Palmer's genitalia.

Speaking of the genitalia issue.  One of the most amusing things on the Sunday morning news shows was seeing Mike Johnson (a genitalia pun there) asking Jake Tapper to stop talking about Arnie's Junk.


No comments:

Post a Comment