Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Milton

 And it looks as though we are going to have another sunny day in store for us here in Central PA.  It's cool, with the temps in the high 40s (F), though today and tomorrow forecasters are predicting that we're going to top off in the 70s (F).  I can live with that.

Two things from work yesterday:  

1)  I had an older woman who set up a blind measure for one window.  She used her brother's email address because she doesn't have email and the system defaulted to his phone number.  he lives in New Jersey.  I've dealt with her before.  She need to uncomplicate her life.

2)  I had a Distance Learning class on Selling, where they tried to turn me into a Used Car Salesperson.  I wasted the hour and a half by scanning through the social media apps on my phone.  One of the low points was when I was told that to overcome objections I should tell the customer, "You may never have the opportunity to get these prices ever again."  I could never saying anything like this to a customer and still have a clear conscience. 

And what about Milton?  Wowza!  He went from a tropical storm to a Category 5 hurricane in a few hours.  Now, I understand he's been downgraded to a Cat 4.  Personally, that's 4 and probably 5 good reasons not to move to Florida.  Honestly, you have to admit that it does seem as if God is punishing that anti-woke state.  Ronnie DeSantis is getting shorter and shorter by the minute.  He deserves everything he gets.


And Kamala Harris was on 60 Minutes.  I didn't see it.  In fact, they may have recorded it for this Sunday since, if my memory serves me correctly, the show aired every Sunday evening.  Evidently they also included a segment on the Orange Anus, and how he refused to participate, and, when that information was released, demanded an apology from them for releasing the information.  He is such an ass.

And while the floodgates haven't collapsed, it is far more than a trickle, every day more and more Republicans are endorsing Harris.  As I've said, a solid majority will vote against him.  Those Republicans who do not vote for Harris will sit on their hands believing that they will have a better chance in 2028 to win the presidency.  That is not going to be enough time for the party to recover from all of the damage he is doing to it.  They will be so diminished.  This is a very good thing.  And those that do not learn, will either die off, or move to Russia.




12 comments:

  1. Whoa.
    Well, that corporate America for you. It's all about the profits and they'll tell white lies for it.
    And the 60 Minutes disclaimer about Cheeto bowing out of the interview? Priceless. Kamala is doing great interviews, only not with some idiots who will try to do gotcha questions and spread misinformation. Good.
    Milton is a tragedy. Really. But according to Cheeto, more beachfront property, right? Death Santis didn't take a call from the Vice president and then went on tv and whined he 'didn't know' anything about that. Really. Party over people. Hope Floridians are keeping tabs. But that would be too much to ask from them...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corporate America is focused on one thing, Greed. I do feel bad for those people in Florida, the have petty loser as a governor who desperately wants to be a mini-dictator.

      Delete
  2. There is no talking to DeSaintis. If he took a call or help from Biden or Harris...he'd have to admit he worked with them. And that will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When someone pressures me with that bullshit about you'll never get this price again, I always walk away. Good way to lose a sale. I often have to deal with people (through my work) who don't know their email addresses or use someone else's. It's such a pain for me and for them. The Kamala Harris interview on 60 Minutes was on Monday night. She did well. Although they had a very short segment on trump's refusal, I already knew he wasn't going to be on. It was all over the news before the episode. He wants them to apologize to him because the last time he was on Lesley Stahl dared to tell the truth during the interview and he walked out. Good riddance.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk away, too. When he loses this election, he thinks he's going to walk away to Russia. Good luck with that, fool.

      Delete
  4. Those red states are so dependent on the federal trough. Sick how the red state repugs worked to uphold relief funding for New Jersey from hurricane Sandy and we’re more than happy to displace the poor from New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, and then expect instant fed support when anything happens in their states. Shouldn’t they tell their constituents to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and offer them thoughts and prayers ?!
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can beg of help super well when they sink themselves into a shit hole.

      Delete
  5. If Kamala wins and gets into office and life improves the GOP will have no shot in 2028 ... good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she wins, I figure it should take 2 to 3 election cycles for them to get back on their feet. Liz will run in 2028, but they're still going to be too busy blaming each other for Trump's loss.

      Delete
  6. We had a home in Florida but I'm so glad we sold it in 2003. I couldn't take the stress every year. I hope it downgrades and everyone stays safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen.

      Delete