Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, October 5, 2024

The Icing on the Cake

 Let's see... it's Saturday, the sun is shining brightly through the window and there isn't a cloud in the sky... and, as is the case on all Saturdays, I have to work.  Yesterday the sun didn't come out to play until after 6 PM and the temperatures hung around in the mid 60s (F), meaning the weather forecast was way off.

The ground here was wet, the grass had dew drops hanging on the blades most of the day, and so it didn't get mowed.  And, even though I felt I should be napping constantly, I did manage to get things done.  The tank in the living room was cleaned, the bathroom cleaned, and I cut down the rest of my peach tree.  I didn't plant the tree to feed the squirrels, and that's precisely what happened.  My neighbor across the street had the same problem, no peaches because of the squirrels.  With the tree gone, my yard suddenly got much larger and I realized how much I like it that way.  

When I remodeled my kitchen, I had a range hood put in over the stove, LED lights, really nice.  Well, yesterday one of the lights died and needs to be replaced.  So, what did I discover?  They sent me the wrong hood.  When it arrived, I never really looked at it, I just gave it to the contractor.  Big mistake.  Checking, it looks as though they sent me a more expensive model, which isn't a bad thing.  However, changing the lightbulbs is going to present problems, as it seems as though I actually have to replace the entire fixture.  Not a good thing.


And I received an email from Cumberland County notifying me that my mail-in ballot was on the way.  Yippee!  It will be filled out and mailed the day it arrives.  The only probably with mail in ballots in Pennsylvania is that the Republican party and decreed that they can not be counted until November 5.  You see, it's all about delaying the process, making it take as much time as possible to find out the results.  It's my understanding that there were around 199,000 ballots requested for Bucks County (Philadelphia).  I tried to get an accurate figure for my country, Cumberland, and found it extremely difficult.  Needless to say, not of them will be counted until November 5.  The alternative would be to stand in line and vote, and believe me, lines might be long.  Long lines are a discouragement for seniors and people who might have disabilities, and even though senior citizens tend to vote Republican, the GOP doesn't care.  I suspect that in the end, Harris will have enough of a lead in Pennsylvania, the mail-in ballots will just be the icing on the cake.


8 comments:

  1. Everyone I know is VERY nervous about the election outcome. High anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going to lose, my concern is that he and his party will try and start something.

      Delete
  2. Voting should be made easier on everyone, not more difficult.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so happy to see the sun. Im spending it outside!!!!! I hate being indoors all the time. I got an email last week about my ballot and got it already! Yesterday! I'm am relishing filling it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the email today, so it should be in mail box when I get home.

      Delete
  4. When I finally got my UK vote back after almost 30 years I was so excited I drove into town to mail it at the post office immediately. Bit of overkill I guess but ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voting is great! One of the great pluses of mail-in voting is that you can sit in front of your computer and research all the candidates on the ballot. Love it!

      Delete