Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Knock, Knock, Knocking

 It's Wednesday and most of the rains have passed.  We may get a shower this afternoon, but the steady, soaking rains have moved on.  Temps are still predicted to be cool, in the mid 60s (F).  Tomorrow they're supposed to warm up into the 70s (F), now won't that be nice?  I did turn on my heat and set it at 70 (F).  This is what I did last year at this time and let it sit at the temp until spring arrived.  

As I said, the rain as stopped for the most part, now all we need is for these cloudy skies to move away.

I put out a mousetrap last night and got nary a bite.  Maybe he moved on.   I doubt it.  Mice don't suddenly move on.  They make nests and raise mousy families. 

My new chair arrives today.  According to the tracking app they sent me it should be here between 10:30 and 11:30.  That will be one less thing to think about.  I'm interested in seeing how well it fits into the design of the writing room.  Don't worry, there will be pictures tomorrow.

There was a debate last evening and, as usual, I didn't watch it.  I was too busy playing the DLC (Down Loaded Content) for Bethesda's game Starfield.  The recommended level is 35, I'm only at 23, but this is my 3rd playthrough, so even though I'm at a lower level, I'm pretty much immortal.  The intro was pretty intense.  I liked it.  For most of it you're in Zero-G  in a Va'Ruun space station.  Playing a FP (First Person) shooter while weightless is pretty freaking awesome!  I will get to find out if everyone in the settled systems does, in fact, worship The Great Serpent.


And, of course, there was a debate last evening.  Every review I've seen has said it was civilized, with only tempers flaring on one or two occasions.  A number of Main Stream Media outlets note that they turned off Vance's mic at one point when the subject of Springfield, Ohio, came up.  I understand that got his dander up and he voiced his disapproval noting that he'd been told there wasn't going to be any fact checking.  Rolling Stone was the only outlet I saw where they said that both Vance's and Walz's mics were turned off on at least one occasion.  Was Vance close enough to the center to save Trump's flailing campaign?   At this point, I don't think there's too much anyone can do to save it.

There are some saying that the Longshoreman's strike is the October Surprise.  Nope.  That's Republican wishful thinking.  Revelations from Jack Smith's indictment will be the real spoilers for Donald Trump, and his very public meltdown will horrify the American people.  Karma is knock, knock, knocking on his front door.



10 comments:

  1. I didn’t watch the debate either. HuffPost reported that JD’s (Just a Dumbass) mike was cut re: his insistence on spreading the lies about the town where I reside. Guess he’d been planning on no fact checking = freedom to lie & slander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the clip where they told him the audience couldn't hear him because they wisely silenced him. Good.

      Delete
  2. I saw about a half an hour of the debate, and I was surprised at how civilized it was. The two candidates on many occasion said they actually agreed with each other on certain points and were very cordial on other points they didn't agree with. They acted like statesmen should act. Vance definitely held his composure better than the dump. But I still hope Harris and Walz win. Vance's composure and better debating skills I don't think we'll be enough to save the dump. I hope. I read on some site that a major factor in Harris winning is how and what she'd do about the Longshoresmen strike. If she handles that well they think for sure she'll win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make sure you and everyone you know goes out and votes on November 5, that way you won't have to hope.

      Delete
  3. JD said he did not vote for an abortion ban but that was a lie, and he refused to admit The Felon lost the 2020 election.
    Fuck him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowza! Even Charlie Kirk criticized him for not saying Trump lost.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh
    I wish I could play video games but my depth perception is shot and I get killed in no time.

    I watched the debate and I was on the floor when CouchFucker was like: 'guys, didn't we say there was not gonna be factcheking?' Poor sap.
    He also mansplained stuff and was overall a psychopath. No surprises.
    Walz was nice and a little nervous, I think. But with the avalanche of lies JD told, who wouldn't?
    And the MAGAts thought Eyeliner Guy was too 'moderate'. You know they want their racism and bigotry served hot.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "fact checking," was big on social media today, the fact that he so brazenly brought it up when it happened.

      Delete
  5. The slow drip of Trump’s meltdown and implosion is turning into a steady stream. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete