Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, October 25, 2024

Waiting to Die

 Well, it's Friday!  For some of you it's the end of the work week.  I've changed my availability so I don't have to work on Fridays.  Was it because I hate working on Black Friday?  Somewhat, though the retail Black Friday for the large, orange, home improvement retailer is not what it used to be.  They discovered that they make more money have pre-Black Friday sales for several reasons.  One is that you have to pay attention, either go to their website, or actually stop in at the store to see what the special is, so they may do a deal on a very inexpensive shop-vac, but you've got to go to the store to take advantage of the sale.  I truly hated that crazy circus atmosphere because I, for one, would never, ever go out shopping on Black Friday.

Today is the first day that my lower intestinal tract issues seem to be gone.  Since the entire episode took around 3 days, I'm betting that I was suffering through a case of Food Poisoning.  I say this because I took Imodium, it's supposed to be the best, and only worked for a few hours.  Years and years ago I had something similar and that med cleared it up fast, this time it took 3 days.  Of course, with Food Poisoning, you immediately start thinking about what made you sick.  Well, surprise, surprise, it usually takes a few days for the bacteria to multiply enough to make you sick; it's not something you eat and four hour later you're sick.  In fact, for some cases of Food Poisoning it can take up to a week before symptoms show up.

Howie doesn't want me to carry him up the stairs.  Since at his age, that's the only way he gets up to the 2nd floor, it looks like he'll be spending a lot of time down on the first floor.

I took this pic yesterday when Howie and I were outside.


The wife of one of my Navy buddies posted this long, whiny complaint in Facebook on how she thought Trump was going to win, and how she couldn't understand how Americans could be so stupid and unsympathetic.  I was going to respond, and didn't.  When her husband retired, I asked if he was going to get a part-time job and he told me, "absolutely not, I've work my whole life, I'm not going to work anymore."  So, I don't doubt for a second the two of them are sitting home, watching cable news, to do anything else would be too much work.  Today, he posted a picture of a back brace and said "I'm getting old."  He's 71, though he has gained a lot of weight.  I was going to tell him to get off his fat ass and start walking, but he'd simply ignore me.  He's worked his entire life, and now he's going to sit back, gain weight, and wait to die.


6 comments:

  1. Sitting at home all day with tv on is the kiss of death. What a waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, for some that's their slice of heaven.

      Delete
  2. Oh no. 'Retirement' for some people really is an issue rather than a joy, no?
    And food poisoning is gnarly. Glad you're better. Howie seems to have a personality, right? Love that for him.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switched to Kaopectate, the old reliable. And, yes, Howie has a mind of his own.

      Delete
  3. I look forward to retiring and then working part-time or volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I don't understand that "I'm just going to kickback and wait," mentality.

      Delete