Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, October 7, 2024

In the Kraken's Grotto

 A new begins.  The front page of Accuweather had a notice that the rain will be ending in a few hours, the sun is rising on a cloudless sky.  Also, the forecast there is 0% precipitation for the next 3 days.  It has now been changed to "no rain for the next 60 minutes."  They need to get their act together for us early birds. 

Either way, temps are predicted to be cooler today, even if it is sunny, not that it makes much of a difference since I'm scheduled to work for 8 hours.  This is the last Monday that I work an 8 hour shift.  I fixed my availability problem.  There may be more fixing ahead.  I can remember when I worried if 20 hours a week would give me enough spending money.  That was so long ago, before Biggie and his expensive meds.  No problem. 

And yesterday was a boring 8 hours.  I began doing laps again.  One of my friends asked where I'd be traveling to next, so I reminded him that I was getting a puppy.  I didn't tell him I'd already talked to my movie buddy Patty about that, nor did I tell him she said (very sarcastically, since she has 4 dogs) that it would kill her to take care of another pup while I traveled.  So, I guess he asked a valid question.

And, as most of you know, I like to listen to music when I write, so, if I heard an interesting song while I was in Greece, I'd pull out my phone and do a "song search."  This is why in a number of pics taken at dinner, I'm looking down at the table rather than smiling for the camera.  One of the songs that caught my ear was called Shik, Shak, Shok, which was a remix of an Egyptian song from 1974, a remix that had a strong Grecian twist.  I listened to this song a lot while working on a chapter called In the Kraken's Grotto (catchy, eh?)


I suppose quite a few people know that the Orange Anus is going to lose the election.  I also suppose that quite a few understand that he's going to attempt to start something.  There will be some rocky times between November 5 and certification of the next president.  His cult will result to mob mentality, however, this minority crowd simply cannot comprehend they will be dealing with a vast majority of Americans, and the patience of that vast majority has run out.  Over 2/3 of the nation is going to put the hammer down on what used to be the Republican Party.  And then Evangelical Christianity is going to be put under the microscope.  I would not be surprised if, because of their push into the political arena, churches lose their tax exempt status.  It's about time.  




8 comments:

  1. I would love to see churches lose their tax status ... especially in the wake of Helene when I didn't see one megachurch offer help or money? Joel Osteen? Probably hiding in his manse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off today, and was very pleased with all I got done yesterday. The garden is fading fast now it seems. I didn't see any news yesterday. My mind needed a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have cable so I never see the news.

      Delete
  3. "I suppose quite a few people know that the Orange Anus is going to lose the election. I also suppose that quite a few understand that he's going to attempt to start something. There will be some rocky times between November 5 and certification of the next president. His cult will result to mob mentality, however, this minority crowd simply cannot comprehend they will be dealing with a vast majority of Americans, and the patience of that vast majority has run out. Over 2/3 of the nation is going to put the hammer down on what used to be the Republican Party. And then Evangelical Christianity is going to be put under the microscope. I would not be surprised if, because of their push into the political arena, churches lose their tax exempt status. It's about time."

    From your mouth to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's Noodly Appendages! RA-men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trumpenfüehrer is furious, and you best believe he’ll have his minions pull some stunts come election night and the weeks after, he and they can’t help themselves. Wait til Kamala enters the White House on January 20, 2025 as Madam President. :) Grumpy, frumpy Trumpy and his acolytes will have a collective stroke.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure so many Republican heads will be exploding the roar will be magnificent!

      Delete