Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, September 6, 2024

Does Anybody Know What These Big Balls are for?

 So, this is Friday.  I think I screwed up my posts... posting Wednesday on Thursday.  I set up my phone for international calling, so I have both local time and home time on the screen, and I don't always pay attention to which time is current.  The weather has been sunny and hot.  My melanin has kicked in and, I kid you not, were I to be running around in a skimpy swimsuit I'd be brown as a toasted almond in no time.

Here's a shot I took last night walking back to our hotel in Gythio.


This morning, we left for Monemvasia where there was another hill to climb.  On the way, we stopped to take some pics of a shipwreck.  Sixty years ago, cigarette smugglers ran their ship aground trying escape from the police.  


At Monemvasia, there was another hill to climb, not as difficult as the one at Palamidi.  Actually, this one was fairly easy, with a great view, and a church with an olive tree at top.  Can you count the olives?


The church picture was taken by one of my fellow Explorers, Di M.


I only have one question after today's adventure, can anyone tell me just what these big balls were/are used for?


As for back in the states?  Wowza!  YouTube shuts down Tenet Media because some of their biggest stars, Dave Rubin and Tim Poole to name some, are Russian Assets, getting paid more than $100,000 per week.  Two Trump associates have been arrested, again because they're Russian Assets, and Trump's campaign has gone into "black out" mode with people being threatened with termination if they talk.  Oh, and Orangie had a word salad Q & A in which he claimed that tariffs were going to pay for childcare.  The debate, if it actually takes place, might be one of the funniest things to ever happen on the political stage.  It would be hilarious to hear Harris ask the moderator if he can get her opponent to speak in complete sentences.












9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Dave. And nope, I've no idea what those balls are for - superglued cannon balls????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what our tour leader, Christos said. This is such a blast.

      Delete
    2. That's what our tour leader, Christos said. This is such a blast.

      Delete
  2. The Felon's quote on child care was the biggest word salad I've ever seen and makes Sarah Palin seem like a member of Mensa!

    Love the photos., especially the church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I passed your compliment on to Di. Palin is the only previous VP candidate to endorse him.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!! Could they be cannon balls left over from the past? New Hope had the same looking balls up near Washington's Crossing. With a few cannons left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my tour leader tells me they're cannon balls.

      Delete
  4. More great pix from Greece.
    The wreck of the smuggling ship is no surprise in the Mediterranean, as smuggling was done to get around outrageous duties and taxes on imported liquor, cigarettes and consumer goods that would at times quadruple their costs !
    Of course the wrecked shop could also have been used for narcotics smuggling.
    No surprise about Trump’s gang of Putin moles and lackeys, the grift keeps going and giving. We just might finally see the Federal arrest of a former U.S. President.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ship does make for a great photo op though, doesn't it? The beach is also protected for baby turtles

      Delete