Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The Review

 Well it Wednesday and that means rain, or maybe I should say that rain is in the forecast.  Wonderful rain, just like we had yesterday, and like we're expected to get tomorrow.  And, for those of you not paying to the national weather, Hurricane Helene is going to hit the Florida panhandle tomorrow and move almost directly north for a few days before it's remnants bring more rain to Central PA.  Temperatures are predicted to stay in the 70s (F) for the foreseeable future.  I'm fine with that.  Why turn on the heat when it isn't necessary.

There's something wrong with my Garmin Fenix 6 watch.  It frequently disconnects and then reconnects with my phone.  I'm going to do a factory restart, see if that helps.  It's 5 years old, and the normal life expectancy is between 5 and 7 years, so a new watch may be in the offing.

For many years, one of my duties with the large, orange home improvement retailer was to review customer opinion surveys.  I still do, from time to time, when my curiosity gets the better of me.  This means I also don't mind filling them out when they get emailed to me.  When I got the survey from Explore, I responded rather quickly.  Yesterday, my curiosity again got the better of me and I went to the Explore website to see if any of the others in my group had responded.  Three had filled out the survey, which, being nearly 50%,was not bad, myself and Bill provided our names and there was an anonymous response.  I've always felt that anonymous responses demonstrate a lack of character (Tim).  All 3 reviews were glowing, though 2 of them had gripes saying that the hikes were a bit to rigorous (I found them challenging).  Their complaints prove that they never read the first page detailing the tour where it states:  Pace - Full On.  Full On does not mean a casual stroll through the ruins.  To give you an idea, here's a pic of me after a more than strenuous hike to the lighthouse on the tip of Cape Tenaro, the path we took is behind me, up a bit from the shoreline. (I really have to thank my photographer for this great shot.)


And from what I've heard, yesterday, Georgia, Trump turned into a mini-Evangelist by praying on stage.  This man is desperate.  I'd say he's worried about losing the Evangelical vote since there are now Evangelicals for Harris groups forming in a number of places.  The Hard-liners will stick with him, to do otherwise would mean their hearts lied to them and that's something they'll never be able to accept.  That's why their Republicans, they can never, ever be wrong.





8 comments:

  1. Dave, The Explorer!!!!!!

    And im already tired of autumn rain and damp already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the rain is going to continue for some time.

      Delete
  2. I call Trump’s so called religious supporters evil-angelicals as the name fits them to a tee. -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps if the weren't so self-presumptuous they might understand, but good luck with that.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh love that pic!
    So sunny and beautiful! And of course the 'walks' are gonna be a little rigorous. The terrain is not exactly a savanna.
    And you know Cheeto will do ANYTHING to be in the news, and have people talk about him. And his brand is literally lies and hypocrisy, so what's new?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped carrying that camera soon after that picture was taken, my phone did just fine.

      Delete
  4. Any Christian or Evangelical who stays with The Felon is neither one of those things: they are racists masking their hate as faith.

    ReplyDelete