Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Forever

 Today was another exciting day!  We left Athens this morning and this was the first of several signs I saw on our drive to Nafplion.  


Sadly, we didn't see any boars attempting to cross the road.  We did, however stop by the amazing Corinth Canal.  It was completed in 1893 and provided a channel between the Aegean Sea and the Ionian Sea.


From there it was on to Epidavros home to one of the best-preserved theaters in Greece, and it is big, capable of seating over 17,000 people.  The acoustics are simply amazing.  A lot of people wanted to try them out, so, one by one, they stood on the floor and clapped their hands together.  Believe me when I tell you it was loud up on the 34th row.


I then walked over to the Sanctuary of Asclepius.  The son of Apollo, he's the god of Healing.  I was surprised by how large an area this archeological site covers.  

And finally, since I'm going to be heading out shortly, I thought I'd let you see a picture of the Acropolis last night from the top floor of my hotel.  This is something that will stay with me forever.


And of course, Harris is going to debate Trump tomorrow.  I don't doubt for a second that he's going to remember that moment forever, too.








10 comments:

  1. Whoa.
    That THEATER. And love the view from your hotel!
    I can't wait to see how Kamala walks that dog.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be other pics of the theater in days to come.

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful Dave. You're certainly gonna have plenty of material for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that night shot of the Acropolis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no comparison between reality and a picture on your computer screen.

      Delete
  4. As I said before Greece will enchant you. It’s one thing to see it in books and magazines, it’s quite another to be there and experience history first hand. Good to see you saw the Corinth Canal, cruise ships go through it. And yes, some of the archeological sites are large. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are times when I'm a little awestruck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine the nighttime view of the Acropolis many will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The debate is on Sept. 10th

    ReplyDelete