Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, September 30, 2024

Kristallnacht, part II

 It rained all day yesterday, the steady, soaking rain.  It was constant.  Temps hovered in the low 60s (F).  Today are temps are predicted to climb into the upper 60s (F) and instead of rain we're only supposed to get showers, meaning that the steady rain had become irregular rain.  Either way, it's still going to rain.  Tomorrow the temps are supposed to rise a little, but we have basically the same forecast. 

And, as expected, yesterday was slow in retail.  There was the rare, chatty customer who was looking for something in another department.  For example, one tall gent was looking for gate hinges, so I left the flooring desk and walked him over to lumber to where the gate hinges were located.  It was more fun than just putting in laps; I got over 11,000 steps in.

When I got home from work I discovered that Mr. Mousy had been digging in a planter that I have on my kitchen counter, so, before I go to work today, I'll put a little peanut butter in a trap.  Peanut butter is very good bait.

I've gotten a few questions about just which supporting characters are going to be in The Body in History since I do have a nice sized group of players that show up in the books from time to time.  So, yes, the Von Trapp Family Boxers do put in an appearance or two.  No, Tag is not in this book, though there's a distinct possibility he will show up in Los Angeles for The Body in 4/4 Time, Rock On!

I had a nice chat with Cori, my cover artist, giving her a sketch of what I thought the cover for this book should look like.  She nodded, pointed to an inky smudge and asked, "what's this?"  "A torch," I answered.  She nodded, saying "torches are good."  Here's a clue.


At a speech in Erie, Pennsylvania, Trump evidently called for one day of legal police violence where they were going to round up immigrants and those they thought were illegal aliens, or in other words, anyone with brown skin, or who speaks with an accent, or both.  The cultists loved this and in his small, meeting hall applause roared.  Some said he was calling for an actual Purge, as in the horror movie, other were likening it to Kristallnacht, that terrible night in German when the Nazis began rounding up Jews.  Social Media erupted.  The Main Stream Media stayed silent.  They want this to be a horse race since that will get them many, many clicks on their websites.  They do not understand that should he actually get into power, with the immunity the Supreme Court has given the president, he would shut them all down except for the one that praises him the most.  If they want proof, they need to look at Russia, and China, and North Korea where there is one State Radio.  Other media outlets no longer exist.  They don't understand that the tax breaks he promises them no longer matter if their voices are silenced. 


8 comments:

  1. I saw that two. He is completely unhinged at this point. If Harris doesn't win....this country will never bounce back. It will literally be a horror movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His rallies are smaller because people are showing up in the numbers they did, and they're walking out. That speaks volumes as to where his campaign is headed.

      Delete
  2. Since the MSM isn't doing their job it's up to We The People to continue telling the stories of what will happen if that gelatinous blob of traitorous orange flesh gets into office again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the MSM is beginning to understand they are being left in the dust, this morning the NYT took the bold step by endorsing Harris.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe the MSM keeps sanewashing Cheeto and his deranged promises (because those are promises!). They let him get away with the most insane statements but Harris 'has no plan' *eyeroll* Seriously?
    I just can't with these idiots!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have almost reached the point where they will be completely impotent.

      Delete
  4. Can't believe you're already thinking about your next book! Heck, I'm lucky if I can bang out a blog post every two weeks!

    ReplyDelete