Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Tuesday in Greece

 Well, here it is, Wednesday.  The temps here in Nafpoli, Greece was 90 (F) this afternoon.  They could use some rain, and there were clouds overhead, but that didn't happen.  Oddly enough, when I checked my phone, Greek Accuweather indicated that the rain would stop in 40 minutes.  As I said, that didn't happen.

So, it's been a busy day so far.  At last count, I'd burned off over 900 additional calories, this was, no doubt, because I climbed over 900 steps up to the Palmidi Castle, and I only needed to rest 3 times.  Now, I know there are a lot of you out there wondering how high you have to climb to get in over 900 steps, so, when we were finished, I took a picture.  You can see the castle at the top, in the center of the picture.


Here's what Nafpoli looks like looking down from the castle.


And here it is from another angle.


And here's an artsy fartsy picture I took looking out over the Aegean Sea.


Our Tour Leader laughs almost as much as I do.  Though, to be honest, everybody appears to be having a really good time.  

Coming to Greece was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

Oh, and I've been corrected, the debate between Kamala Harris and Orangie the Anus isn't unto 9/10.  Thanks, otherwise, I would have spent the rest of this evening glued to my computer for updates.





8 comments:

  1. Ohhh those pics are pretty!
    And you know that 900 steps is gonna be a LOT no matter how you look at it.

    And it's in the 80s here. Balmy, compared to last week. Are you going to the beach one day? I need a detailed photojournal of Greek men in Speedos.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not going to hit any resort towns, so that's probably not going to happen. I was at the beach yesterday and there were mostly families, and no one was in a Speedo.

      Delete
  2. Great pics !
    Like professional photos in a travel mag, and your Greek adventure has just started. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful, Dave. Enjoy your time in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete