Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Arrival in Greece

 So, I'm in Athens.  The temps outside are a balmy 84 (F) and the sun is shining. Tomorrow looks to be about the same.  

The flight over was long.  Nine hours from Philly to Athens.  I had been hoping to get some sleep on the flight but young woman beside me was, as my grandma would say, rutchy.  She just couldn't stay still.  She told me that she taught painting, abstracts, landscapes, portraits, that kind of stuff and that she'd been hired to teach a class on the island of Skyros (?) for the next 2weeks.  I listened to her and the gent in the window seat discussing painting and was not sold that she knew that much about painting.  

The food was... okay.  It was airline food.  There was a full meal and a snacky breakfast of Chobani yogurt and fig cookie.  

We have a meeting scheduled in the lobby at 7, after which I'm going to go up to the lounge on the 7th floor of the hotel and get a bite to eat.  I was up there earlier and took this picture of the Acropolis.


That's the Acropolis in the distance.  It looks far away, but it's really only about 3 miles away.  Athens, itself, is quite large.  There are not a lot of skyscrapers, the tallest buildings being around 7 stories.  Many of the buildings appear to have solar panels on their roofs.  Makes sense, lots of sunshine here.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe and sound. Sorry about that young woman though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was nice but in a very distracted manner.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you made it!!!!! I didn't expect you'd be blogging from there, but we will enjoy the Greece post! Now ....Καλημέρα και απολαύστε το χρόνο σας!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging's one of the reasons I brought the laptop, that and news, and working on the new book. I can't think of a better location to write a mystery set in Greece than in Greece.

      Delete