Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Page This

Wednesday, and weather forecasters are calling for rain.  That "unnamed storm" that drenched North Carolina is going to pass over us.  They got most of the rain, so we're not going to get anything close to 18 inches.  We're approaching the last day of summer, so the long range forecast has things cooling down.  It will soon be time to pull out the blankets for the bed.

I have a head cold, no doubt picked up from one of the passengers on the flight from Heathrow to Philly; there were a lot of sneezers and coughers on that flight.  So, now my head is all stuffed up and my sinuses are inflated to their max.  Because of this, I'm going to call off today.  It's not that I think I'm contagious, that probably happened while I was a work on Monday.  Nope, I just don't want to be sneezing, and coughing, and hacking when I try and talk to customers.  There's nothing worse than sitting down with a customer and sneezing at them.

One of the things I did when I went to Greece, was to take my big cameral.  It didn't take me long to realize that was a mistake, not a big one, but a bulky one.  It felt really clunky hanging around my neck, so after the first week I left it in the hotel room.  After that, I took most of the pictures with my phone.  Because my phone is linked to the Microsoft cloud, all I needed to do was go into my Gallery on either the laptop or my PC to post them on either Facebook, or in this blog, or on Instagram.  That being said, because Christos was taking pictures of all of us and sending them to us on What's App, I have a couple of me with my clunky camera.  It was almost like having a professional photographer traveling with us.  Here I am after visiting another fortress at Monemvasia.


And, what about those exploding pagers in all of those Hezbollah pockets?  I'm betting Trump's not too happy because that story knocked his faux assassination attempt out of the headlines, relegating it to yesterday's old news.  Honestly, when I first heard about this, I thought "this comes right out of some science fiction story, where multiple pagers explode simultaneously."  Not only does this hurt Hezbollah, it hurts their sponsor, Iran, as well as Hungary, since it may have been there that the explosives may have been loaded.  Poor Victor Orban, not only is the Prime Minister of Hungary, he's also one of Putin's henchmen.  You know what they say?  When things go wrong, they go wrong.



10 comments:

  1. All I can say is check your voter registration to make sure it's up to date, don't listen to the polls, or at least don't believe them, and CAST A GODDAMNED VOTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't listen to the polls! The vast majority don't have anything to do with the polls.

      Delete
  2. I tried my best. You have plenty of photos to post on your blogger. Maybe, you will be writing for our adventures for a long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are impressed... don't let that go to your head.😎😎😎

      Delete
  3. It's certainly been good sleeping weather!!! I love it with the fresh air whiffing in.

    Stunning picture!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is great, and it's only going to get cooler. It is a good picture.

      Delete
  4. I've followed your advice of not paying attention to the polls. I feel much better.
    And of course Cheeto was furious that the second staged 'attempt' went nowhere. There ARE things that are more important than his need for attention.
    Love the pic. And I feel you about the camera. I used to have a nice digital one and nowadays I don't even know where it is...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only value in the polls is that as Harris goes higher, Trump gets weirder. Yeah, it's a shame about the camera, it's a good thing it wasn't expensive.

      Delete
  5. I bought an expensive camera when I first started doing the solo trips - and had exactly the same reaction as you. Just too clunky and heavy for me to lug around! I'm sure you got plenty of great photos with just your phone anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The phots from my phone are just as good if not better. I had taken it to the park to see how cumbersome it was, and thought I could work with it without thinking if I wanted to.

      Delete