Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

America's Sleeping Giant

 Our temps hit 100 (F) yesterday, for the first time in a long time.  We didn't break any records, so it's a pretty good guess that we've gotten that high before.  I went outside on a couple of occasions.  Believe me, it was a great day to dry clothing outside.  Two loads!  My savings from not running the dryer went to paying the Central Air expense, which seemed to be running constantly.

I got a text from Tammy, the neighbor living across the street, asking me why I didn't go to Eileen's Memorial Service on Saturday.  A month and a half ago she had told me part of the service was to be done at the A-Frame Eileen and her husband had built, and then the group was going to move to a spot near the river for spreading her ashes.  Her and her deceased husband's wedding bands were then supposed to be floated down the river on a tiny boat, and after all of that, people were supposed to meet at Dukes (a restaurant on the river).  I had told her I had no idea where the A-Frame was and she told me not to worry.  On Saturday, Tammy left early without saying anything, and I thought it would be rude of me to miss the service and just show up at Dukes for the food.  It's a lot like skipping the wedding and going to the reception, if you know what I mean.  When I reminded her of this she texted back, "oh, I should have told, there was a change of plans, everybody just met at Dukes, the service was done later."  Holy Crap.  Not that I was really upset.  Eileen was a good neighbor.  She took care of my animals when I went to France, and my decision to go to the service was just a nice gesture.  Still, there seems to have been a lot lacking in organizational skills.

And, as one might have expected, quite a few people are mocking Trump's bandaged ear, especially since this was the first time anyone has seen it.  The joke in this picture is that cultists will wear fake bandages to honor the Spawn of Satan.  Sadly, this turns out to be more than a joke.  They are selling fake mini-bandages at the convention that you can buy for just $5 a pop, bandages you can fold around the top of your ear.  This is what cultists do.


So far, there is still not medical report to prove the bullet actually winged his ear.  I'm betting that's never going to be forthcoming.  

The unity he called for disappeared completely on the second night of the Republican convention as people shouted, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

However, the decisions made by this conservative Supreme Court have cursed the GOP.  Flipping Roe v Wade is sending millions of women to the polls and they're not voting Republican.  Their decision on presidential immunity, to completely remove accountability has pissed quite a few people off.  There's a saying, waking up the sleeping giant will make the whole world tremble.  That used to refer to China.  But there's a sleeping giant in this country made up of women, centrists, and every kind of minority you can think of.  Republicans simply do not understand this.  They have convinced themselves that all they need to say is "shut up, we're in charge," and the nation will bend at the knee.  They are going to learn what happens when America's sleeping giant awakens, and then Republicans will be gone.



10 comments:

  1. God, I hope you're right. I'm trying not to pay attention to MSM who act like it's all over for Democrats. Even MSNBC! I think it's deliberate misinformation to discourage us from voting. I'm hoping women, minorities and centrists will turn out and sweep these extreme right wing away in a big blue wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MSNBC, like most other corporate media groups have chosen to evade the truth by leaning into the Moral Degenerate because he generates clicks, which increase ad sales.

      Delete
  2. The republican convention was more like a convention of back-stabbers. McConnell was roundly booed, Giuliani appeared drunk, Gaetz was in McCarthy’s face and De Santis and Hawley were eating crow and kissing up to Trump.
    Pathetic, as usual. :/ - Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are being too kind about the Convention, their cultism is on full display.

      Delete
  3. If I'm a woman, R or D, no way would the R's get my vote....unless I want to go back to the 40 and 50's and just serve man and do house care, and just lay there at night, taking it, till a baby comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep in mind that many Republican men believe that Republican wives will vote the way their husbands tell them to.

      Delete
  4. Yep. Yesterday was HOT.
    And at least you tried to go to the service, so there's that...

    The RNC is a clusterfuck of stupidity. Of course there's not talk of the ear. It was a piece of the teleprompter that cut him a little, apparently.

    You know the whole thing is just for show. I will not be surprised when it comes out the kid was hired to scare people. But that's just me.

    Did you hear Cheeto is livid Uncle Joe said he's gonna do something about SCOTUS?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my is Trump mad about the Supreme Court being changed, their his path to freedom.

      Delete
  5. Women and people of color and LGBTQ+Americans need to step up and vote, and remove the GOP from any semblance of power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need more than just women, and people of color, and LGBTQ Americans, don't worry, unlike the Republican party, America does have our backs.

      Delete