Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, July 5, 2024

Death of Brexit

 Crap, yesterday was hot and stinky at work.  Temps were in the low 90s (F) bit humidity went through the roof.  The same is in store today.  And tomorrow.  The temps would be just fine if it weren't for the humidity. 

I skipped my walk at Adams-Ricci yesterday because it was a holiday, and for some reason I didn't really want to do anything.  Don't ask me why, perhaps it's because it was a holiday.  Perhaps it's because I knew I was going to have to work and even though I knew they were going to have food, I also knew it was going to be soooo boring.

What departments were busy?  Paint and garden.  I only had one customer ask me what was on sale, and I nicely gave him my standard response:  appliances.  I did snap a pic and send it to my brother.  You can see the arm of one customer going through self-checkout.  In spite of the lack of customers, I checked our sales figures before I left and we had more than made our plan for the day.  It's the rest of the week that's killing us.


And, of course, the Tories lost big time yesterday in the UK.  For those who don't know, the Tories are the conservative party, similar to our Republicans, who sold the British people Brexit.  The Tories said Brexit was going to be the best thing to ever happen to the country.  They lied.  The rich got richer and the average person got poorer.  I suspect that the Labor Party is going to begin making amends to the EU since the pro-Russia party is no longer in power.

Is American going to learn from the British?  I should think so.  Conservative policies always benefit the wealthy and the upper class, the average worker, the middle class citizen, will always have to work more hours and spend more money than he can afford to make his life easier.  Tax breaks for the rich will always fail because they don't spend the money the way those of us much farther down the ladder do.  They don't invest in America, they purchase luxury items that do nothing to grow the economy.  For one of us, spending a couple hundred dollars on a chair is an investment, a lot of money, but for the wealthy?  The furniture store comes to them, bringing designer fabrics the price of which would put 6 months of groceries on our tables.  For the betterment of mankind, we will reject Conservative policies.  If we do it often enough, maybe they'll move to Russia.


6 comments:

  1. I hoper America follows Britain's lead and gives us a Trexit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on !
      Sadly Farage the asswipe that thought up Brexit won a seat in the UK parliament and leads the extreme right Reform Party.
      And of course he said he will do everything to stop any reforms by the Labour Party. Garbage Farage is just like our Moscow Mitch the bitch McConnell. :( -Rj

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This should scare the crap out of the Republican party.

      Delete
  3. As much as I was against Brexit (obviously) I wish they would leave well alone now! It was a very difficult time for everyone and to be honest I think they should respect the will of the people. Mind you, apparently the UK has the best performing economy of the G7 right now (I couldn't believe it either) so I guess it depends which media channel you subscribe to as to how Brexit is going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they'll throw it out completely, there is no going back to the way things were, they are certain aspects of it that just never worked out as promised, so hopefully they'll get a nice fine tune.

      Delete