Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Troll Farms

 Supposedly, today is the last day of this heat cycle we've been stuck in for the past week.  The outside temp was 76 (F) when I woke up, with the predicted high for the day to be around 97 (F).  However, this afternoon storms should be moving through the area (the remnants of Beryl) and they're saying that is going to cool us off.  Tomorrow, temps are predicted to be more seasonal.

Being that it is so warm, my forays outside have been rather limited.  Mostly to my local Giant supermarket.  However, I've bought my way through all of the bonus point deals for this week, and since I have more than enough food in the house, will be spending money there until Friday or Saturday.

Even though I hate doing it, I've realized that I need to begin counting calories again.  Rats!  I had to order a new kitchen scale because my old one stopped working.  It lights up, and you can change from ounces, to pounds, to milliliters, however it just doesn't weight things.  No matter what you put on the scale, the readout says it weighs nothing.  This would good if it meant food had no calories.

I started watching Hit Man on Netflix last evening, and after about a half hour turned it off.  This was supposed to be Glenn Powell's breakout roll, his character, however, is just not that interesting.  This might because of his constantly changing appearance.  The makeup is very good, but so many changes make it difficult to identify with the lead character.  Which Glenn Powell are you supposed to like?  Hit Man is another one of those Netflix movies that only played for a week in theaters to make it eligible during award season.  This is a good indicator that they thought it didn't have box office legs, not even little ones.


Honestly, I can wait for this election cycle to be over.  I feel so terribly sorry for those who have cable, who have to watch commercials, because they are just beginning.  And it's not just commercials, it's every where.  I'm tired of getting texts begging for money.  The fact that so many have access to my phone number is frightening.  As soon as the text show up, I just block the numbers.  If I get a text asking me whom I'm voting for?  I block it.  I don't respond to any of them.  I do believe my feelings and my actions are common among so many people.  Do not believe anything you read or hear about the candidates.  The troll farms are working overtime.

Do not vote for a candidate, vote for Democracy.  Republican authoritarianism will destroy America as we know it.  They truly don't care if they burn down the country if they can rebuild it the way they want, however, I've yet to see an arsonist do that.  Mostly, they just glory in the ashes like pigs in shit.

 

12 comments:

  1. I don't trust any of those numbers that beg for money or ask me who I'm voting for. Like you, I block them immediately, even if they're supposed to be from "my side". I've also noticed troll farms trying to overtake comment sections on news articles. I can't wait for the election to be over, too. It's all stressing me out to the point I want to swear off all news and updates until December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the same corner on the election. The vast majority of voters have already decided, and nothing is going to make a difference.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes. It's been raining here for a minute, too.
    I think it's going to get less hot, too.
    And the troll farms are a danger. Did you see that the FBI caught hundreds of Russians peddling interference on Twitter? With Elmo's blessing, of course. He loves the engagement of people rage tweeting at the bots.
    And I think Glen Powell is very hot. Would let him hit it. As an actor? Well, that's what Netflix is for...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't say he wasn't hot. I'm anxious to see how he twists things up in Twisters.

      Delete
  3. Just read that some hackers hacked the Heritage Foundation and released info on the foundations very secretive donor and members list. Can’t wait to find out who’s supporting the foundation, they can’t hide their identities anymore. The Heritage Foundation is one of the architects of the extremist Project 2025, since they’re such big and proud supporters of P-2025 (P like in piss) they should have no problem having their membership and supporters exposed. Funny how these fucks always want their identities protected when they know full well they have an agenda of tyrrany like P-2025.
    I can already hear them cry “this is not who we are”. And what nerve they have using the word heritage, what an insult to all of America that is ! - Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that. There might be some real juicy names on that list.

      Delete
  4. I have WAY to much money to Biden....Harris and Buttigieg last time....and I wasn't even working!!!!!

    This time nothing. But the texts and emails are getting insane...I agree. I'm only helping local candidates this time....to hopefully knock out the cow Sheryl Dolzoer and volunteering for Janelle Stelson take out the warped Perry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I donate occasionally, but not that often to avoid the constant hassle.

      Delete
  5. Why people think they should get their news from a Tweet or a Facebook post is beyond me; does no one have a brain that functions on all cylinders?
    Two seconds of research and you can learn the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Republicans have no brain, Democrats, unfortunately, sometimes put their on hold

      Delete
  6. Honestly if they want me to vote for democracy, they should give me someone to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then don't complain if Trump gets elected and the Evangelicals go after the strip clubs.

      Delete