Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, July 18, 2024

The Ticket

Yesterday was hot, but not as stinkin' hot as it has been.  We did get passing storms, lots of rain for about 5 minutes.  No thunder and lightening.   The temperatures did drop afterwards.  That was nice.  Of course, when I got up this morning around 0515 the low was 73 (F).  This means the day is probably going to be warmer than the forecast.

Work was meh yesterday.  I sold some carpet to a senior woman.  She's putting it in her large bedroom which isn't finished yet.  I said they should probably wait to purchase until the contractor was finished  and that got shot down fast.  She wanted to take advantage of 10% markdown which ended yesterday.  This means the installer is going to have to warehouse her carpet until she's ready for the install.  Of course, for that great, orange home improvement retailer I work for, it's all about making the sale, impositioning the installer should have no bearing on the sale.

Emmy award nominations were announced yesterday.  Shogun got quite a few.  I enjoyed that show, however, all of the acting nominations went to Asians.  While there's nothing wrong with that, I feel bad for Cosmo Jarvis, if it weren't for his British navigator there would be no story.


For those who haven't been paying attention, the RNC is still going on.  Last night JD Vance spoke, tonight will belong to the Moral Degenerate.  The big question will he show up with another tea bag taped to his ear?  That would be par for the course since this entire charade is just another chance for the Republicans to teabag America.

Can we speak about ironies?  Yesterday, while scanning through my phone to waste time at work, I came across an article with the headline "Biden might consider dropping out of race if a medical condition deemed it necessary," or something to that effect.  And then news comes out that he has been diagnosed with a mild case of Covid, a disease that is still a killer.  Then this morning I read that he is apparently more amenable to dropping out of the race... after a chat with Schumer and Jeffries. I feel bad for him.  No one wants to be a one term president, even if he did help the economy and the country begin to heal from the trauma caused by Trump.  In spite of what he wants, I do suspect that he will soon remove his hat from the race.  That would pretty much make Kamala the nominee.  I do believe that a Harris / Buttigieg ticket would be unstoppable. 






14 comments:

  1. If he does drop out, Buttigieg would be a fantastic choice for a VP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would pull in those Christians who haven't already sold their souls to Trump.

      Delete
  2. I would LOVE Kamala and Pete; and I feel that they would work to complete Joe's vision if he does leave the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully those in the know realize how much of a win/win situation this would be.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I heard about Uncle Joe getting Covid. And a Kamala/Pete ticket? Damn that would be awesome.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Kris says, the timing is... interesting.

      Delete
  4. I had similar thoughts about the Covid timeline. But I’m still laughing about the f*ing teabag! I couldn’t think what it reminded me of, then you nailed it! I thought I read somewhere that a piece of plastic from the teleprompter nicked the ear. Pics of his followers with their own imitation teabags just make me throw up…my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Democrats are far more shrewd than Republican's think, after all, we run the country better.

      Delete
  5. KP? Oh, yes yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to wait for Joe to give it the say so.

      Delete
  6. The Democrats keep putting stories out there to get a feel for the room and this latest round of headlines appears to be the winning formula for them. Kamala and Pete would be a good ticket and I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that would be a very winning ticket.

      Delete
  7. I reckon Biden will be gone before Monday. I hate the thought of Harris though. That cackling would drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather have Harris than have to vote for the guy with the tea bag taped to his ear.

      Delete