Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, August 3, 2024

I Agree With This Statement

 Well, it's Saturday, and according to the weather forecasters rain is already drizzling around Central Pa.  Temps are predicted to be warm again, and with all of the moisture in the atmosphere things will also be very humid.  I can look forward to the same thing tomorrow.

And yesterday I got little accomplished because of my window install.  They only installed 5 because as they were loading them onto the truck they discovered that one of my attic windows had a crack in it, so they've ordered another.  Another has been ordered.  I must say that the ones that were installed look amazing.  Last night, I turned off the A/C unit in the window and easily got by with just the ceiling fan.  That's a plus for the pocket book.  I'm all for saving money.

I also made the first payment on the new windows.  I got a zero % for 12 months loan, however if I don't pay it off the interest is a real killer.  I had been hoping to do transfers from my bank to the lending institution but that's not possible.  What they want you to do is set yourself up for Autopay, so they can deduct a meager amount from your bank every month for the next 20 years.  It's sad to say, but there are people out there who will just do that because it's simply too much work.  There is a mailing address to send checks for payment, so I had my bank send them a check.  When I get back from Greece, I'll have them send another one.

And since Treaders mentioned it, I thought I'd share a picture of the Dressage Event from the Paris Olympics.  It's being held a a cozy, little chateau called Versailles.


Of course on Tuesday Kamala Harris will name her choice for Vice President.  Anticipation is high.  That's an understatement.  Every candidate on her short list has cleared his calendar for the next for days.  Speculation is going through the roof.  Unlike Trump's selection of Vance, which was so anti-climactic it left many scratching their heads in confusion, her choice will only further the strength of the movement.  All of the candidates are out slamming Trump and his henchie Vance, who has become the focus of so many mocking jokes.  Yesterday on national TV Shapiro said Vance was nothing more than a phony baloney.

So the Orange Anus has finally said that he would debate Harris, but only on his terms:  in an arena, moderated by Fox Entertainment, and without fact checking.  And this is the loser some Christians believe was sent by God to give them their every heart's desire?  Can you hear me laughing?  Whispers are saying that his campaign is falling into utter chaos.  As a supposed insider has said, "Harris approval rating is still growing, and she hasn't even chosen her Vice President yet, and the convention will put her beyond reachable limits."  As the writer of this blog, I agree with this statement.


7 comments:

  1. Your right...always make the payment in those months or make bigger payments. When people pay the minimum, it never gets paid off because of the friendly little interests % rate. I just paid my car off...now do I want to keep it, or looks at new ones? Hmmmmm..I do adore my MX-5.

    I have a pool party to go to later...that should feel heavenly, and Im doing the music. And a nice donor for Kamala Harris will be there too. A friend of a friend. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've been in debt for a while and don't like it, I could have just paid, but the cheap me thought maybe this was a deal. Don't get struck by lightening!

      Delete
    2. I know what your saying. I hate the feeling too.

      Delete
  2. #DementedDonald thought he was unbeatable and so he played more golf than working on his campaign.

    Carlos used to ride Dressage when he was younger; such an elegant sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always did seem an elegant sport. And the Orange Anus still doesn't understand, though I've heard his campaign is beginning to tear itself apart.

      Delete
  3. You're right in that these lending companies hope you will pay just the minimum payment for the next 1,000 years. It's madness to go down that route. Oh and the bus company that we do so many of our trips with - well we're hoping that they do a trip to the châteaux de la Loire sometime. That'll be a definite if they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh, yeah, and a lot of people simply look at that payment and think "gee, I can afford that." I take it that chateau is in the Loire valley? It's supposed to be stunning.

      Delete