Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Joe Biden's 5 minutes

 The temps outside are a cool 63 (F), and so far the day is breeze with clouds scuttling across the sky.  The sun will popping out every now and then, which will be nice, so, weather wise the days should be fairly nice.

The first load of laundry is in the washer and will be hung out to dry shortly.

Yesterday, as expected, work was boring.  I did get a measure and sold one of my installations, but mostly I just sat around. Management was quite happy with my sales for last week and rewarded me with a $10 gift card to use in the store.  I could have gotten a card to use for fast food, but I don't eat it.  

And I'm planning on today being pretty much of a lazy day.  I do need to run to my neighborhood Giant supermarket to make a few purchases, and the gas tank of my car needs filled, but otherwise I'm not planning on doing to much, except possibly a bike ride this afternoon, and working on the new book.

Looking at my sneakers, I'm probably going to buy a new pair for Greece.  I own two pair, one being white, not a good color for trudging through archeological site, and the other navy blue, those being my work shoes.  They would be find, however, there is a tear on the right sneaker next to my small toe and it seems to grow larger every time I wear them, and my thought is that it would be rather amusing if that toe should pop out while trekking through Mycenae... well, maybe not.

I did watch the first night of the Democratic convention.


It was quite enjoyable.  I understand there was some whining because Biden didn't speak until late, that he should have been on during prime time.  Gee, I hate to tell those whiners, but he was on in primetime for the Central Time zone, and also Mountain Time, and primetime was just getting started in California.  We're a big country and his appearance was scheduled to maximize his exposure in all 48 states.

For those who missed it, Joe Biden received an almost 5 minutes standing ovation when he walked out onto the stage.

Orangie's already complaining.  He started a day ago, lying about his ratings, that his convention of Doom and Gloom had the greatest ratings ever.  The Democrats are going to send more cracks to splinter his fragile ego, concussing his neurons, trashing his transmitters, causing a serious seepage of unfettered lies to try and foil, and fail, as he flails in his attacks.  In other words, his meltdowns are now going to be accompanied with the percussive sounds of stomping feet.

One pundit noted that the Democrats have left behind "when they go low, we go high."  Not anymore, baby.  When Republicans go low, we're going to continue to slap them silly.


 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I loved the first day.
    Kamala's surprise appearance, AOC, Warnock, Hillary! And that standing ovation for Uncle Joe? Well deserved. Cheeto is probably fuming because ratings: the DNC first day was viewed more than the Repug hatefest. And it was only the first day....

    Ohh and you should get sneakers in Greece.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneakers are already ordered. Orangie had a lackluster rally today, even Newsmax turned him off.

      Delete
  2. The Felon's meltdowns over the DNC will be epic.

    I did whine a little about Joe being on so late cuz it was waaaaay past my bedtime, but I loved his speech, and so many of the others.
    Good, good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched part last night, the rest today. Meltdown might be an understatement.

      Delete