Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

What's the Buzz

 I though yesterday was going to be the end of the hot days, well, I was wrong.  Today's going to be hot, too.  Mid 90s (F) again, with once again the threat of possible thunderstorms this afternoon.  This is pretty standard August weather..

Because it is going to be so hot again today, I'm going to gamble and hang at least some of my laundry out on the rack to dry.  Those high temps will evaporate the moisture rapidly, and my clothes will have that fresh, clean scent.  

Our new store manager arrived yesterday, and when he saw me, he gave me a big hug.  We've known each other for over 15 years, and as I've said, he worked to get promoted and I was happy where I was.  While this does give me some access to his ear, I don't expect to be his confidante.  Though I will admit to being more than a little pleased that the Assistant Manager who gave me the difficult time was standing behind me watching the two of us talk.  He smiled bigly.  It doesn't hurt to have him believe his new manager my be sympathetic to my complaints, should I have a few.

And then I saw this:


I just read that JD Vance is the Sarah Palin of Dan Quayles.  

Of course, there's a lot buzz going around about RFK finding a dead bear cub alongside the road, tossing into his car thinking he might take it home and cook it.  This man needs to watch what he says to reporters on video.  His following up that comment by telling the reporter he changed his mind and dumped the body in Central Park went over just as poorly.  His then pondering aloud, "I wonder if that's where I got my brain worm?" is not a hallmark of sanity. 

And the buzz is that Kamala's chosen her Vice President, and that he knows.  The buzz should be about how well she and her team know how to play the media.  I don't doubt that decision was reached sometime ago, but it pays for her to create tension.  She wants people sitting on the edge of their seats, and that's what they're doing.  Thank you Main Stream Media for making this headline news that takes the attention away from the Orange Anus.  Every second he's not in the headlines is like a bamboo sliver under his fingernails.  This is also a good indicator of how united the Democrats have become.  Everyone is on the team.  This is proven by the VP candidates who are constantly mocking and deriding both Vance and Trump.  They will keep this up and other voices will be joining in.  We are a movement that is growing daily.  


13 comments:

  1. ...And it's going to be mild here today. This weather is cray. Or maybe because we're in August...?
    Love the idea of Kamala keeping everybody on edge. The campaign is playing its cards well: Welz. He's kind of the Midwest's Dad. He's progressive but very connected to the Midwest. PA will be ok. And I can see J.D. Vance sweating from here. LOL
    And RFK is BANANAS. Seriously!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not insult bananas, I like them. Shapiro's going to bring home PA for Harris, just as Bashear's will grow the blue vote in Kentucky, and Kelly in Arizona. I understand there's going to be a sofa in the audience during the VP debate to distract Vance.

      Delete
  2. Me thinks RFK has more than a brain worm.

    I'm a little relieved that Governor Shapiro will be staying in PA. He's doing such good things here and he's just getting started. Now in 2028 a Buttigieg/ Shapiro ticket wouldn't be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget, the worm died in his brain. And I hate to tell you, but in 2028 Harris will be running for her 2nd term.

      Delete
    2. Oh that's right! That will give the boys even more time to prepare!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Tim Walz!! Until a couple of days ago I had no idea who he was, but he seems like a solid choice. Let's GO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually glad it wasn't Shapiro, he's just getting started in PA, and Walz? A war veteran, a history teacher for years? He's going to bring a lot of Vets and teachers to the polling booth.

      Delete
  4. RFK Jr. is an utter moron, and gets more so every day.

    "JD Vance is the Sarah Palin of Dan Quayles" Spot effing on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vance vs Walz
    The couch vs the coach ! :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they'll debate, that is if Vance ever gets off the couch.

      Delete
  6. When Pschobitch was parachuted in on us as HR Director (she taught us everything we needed to know about malignant narcs), she was very wary of me from the beginning. You see, I'd already been there so long (about 25 years at that point) and "grew up" with many of the now directors. I knew them from when they were young whippersnappers and we were obviously very friendly, so Psychobitch learned to leave me alone, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll have any problems. He and I talked about some of the people I hired and how far their careers have advanced, and at one time stepped into his office so we could talk privately about them, and all the while that assistant was hanging around out in the hall. Nice.

      Delete