Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Torching Republicans

 It's 57 (F) outside and I'm wearing a sweat shirt and sweatpants.  Autumn wear.  Temps will be warming back up to more summer-like ranges, highs in the mid to upper 80s (F) as the week continues.  Right now, however, it was so cool I put another blanket on the bed.

I got some sad news yesterday, Joe Radle, the electrician I've been using for the past couple of years was killed in an auto accident.  One of the reasons I used him was because he advertised he was "pet friendly," and every time he was here, my dogs seemed more important than me.  He will be missed.

Work was boring.  No measures.  I did sell a pallet of porcelain tile.  Really, what I'm doing right now is counting the days until Greece.

I pre-ordered the new Assassin's Creed and the new Dragon Age games.  They won't be out until late October.  Assassin's Creed is set in Japan and you get to play as either a Samurai or some other character that's female.  I'll be the samurai.  That should be fun.

Of course, last night was Day 3 of the Democratic convention.  Have I been watching it?  Yes, but I watch it my way.  Around 10:30 PM, I turn it off, then the next morning I watch the important speeches on YouTube.  


While I like Bill Clinton, last night I thought he talked for too long.  And Nancy Pelosi?  I was scanning social media on my phone while she spoke.  Bill was important.  Nancy?  This will probably be her last public, official appearance.

Stevie Wonder was great!  

And during a rally yesterday in an attempt to steal away some of the convention's thunder, Orangie Anus, upon seeing a woman suffering a medical emergency, left the safety of his bulletproof glass booth and went to help.  Can you hear me laughing now?  Two weeks ago Tim Walz did something similar, handing out bottles of water to a woman who was showing signs of heat exhaustion.  Orangie must be very desperate to stoop to such phony theatrics.  Did his team truly think this was  going to make headlines?

Orangie's not the only one worried.  After a series of texts from a conservative friend, I can tell you that Conservatives are furious.  Running against Biden and his age was going to be a winning ticket for them.  They believe this election was going to be a cakewalk, and now those beliefs have been shattered.  Harris is filling up venues and Orangie is struggling.  His dearly beloved Project 2025 has gone through several name changes and is still getting roasted multiple times a day.  

The DNC is rocking the ratings!  The first night it beat the Republican convention by 21%.  Night 2 the DNC whipped the RNC by 55%.  Wowza!  Saying Republicans are furious might be a bit of an understatement.  This is a good thing.  The angrier they get, the more frequently their candidate will make mistakes.  Any day now, Orangie's switch will flip and his public meltdown will torch the Republican party for good.


6 comments:

  1. The minute I saw The Felon waddle off the stage I thought, "Another staged event."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no panic in the crowd, they simply stood there waiting for him to do his schtick.

      Delete
  2. Aww sorry about the electrician.
    I think electricians, plumbers, masons, mechanics, every person who keeps our lives propped up are extremely important.

    And I kind of do the same you do: I watch the convention on YouTube and then I go to sleep around ten. I'm old.
    I think Bill did well. Did you notice he was reading from an actual sheet of paper? And Nancy did what she needed to do. People who underestimated her suffered.
    Loved Stevie. He's just seventy something! I thought he was older because of how long his career has been.
    And of course Cheeto's 'concern' was staged. They're trying to make him look more human. Failed intent.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Bill was reading, that's fine, he's old, but younger than Trump. I actually got a thrill when I saw Stevie was in the line-up. And Trump might try and help someone out a window if he thought it would help his chances.

      Delete
  3. Republicans and their PR shenanigans starting with Tom Dewey and his pollsters in the 1948 election, and Nixon and his Checkers speech. Now they do everything to try and humanize Trump, and it doesn’t work. You can’t humanize a monster.
    The DNC has been enthusiastic to the enth degree ! Enough energy to light up Chicago. Now the rest of us have to vote blue down the ticket and banish Trump and the magats. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump's fleeting attempt at being slightly human got zippo press coverage. What I'm seeing on MSM is unabated praise for Walz. Joy will win out.

      Delete