Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, August 5, 2024

The Sucking Power of Tornadoes

 It's warm, but not hot, and according to the forecast today's will climb into the mid 90s (F), but then... Debbie does the east coast.  Temps on Wednesday are predicted to drop into the 70s (F), where they will stay for entire week.  Lots of rain coming our way.  That means things are going to become green again, and lawn mowing will once again commence.

I was looking at my peach tree yesterday morning and woe of woes, there's only 1 peach hanging from it.  Blame the squirrels.  I was talking to Tammy across the street and she had the same complaint.  Squirrels are eating all of her green peaches.  They've left be one, which I know will never be eaten because it's way to green to be picked.  The thought has crossed my mind that I might just cut the thing down.  We shall have to wait and see.

We get a new store manager today.  He's not really new to me since he and I began working together 15 years ago, and we worked with each other on and off at different stores during that time.  He had the ambition.  This will be interesting.

Oh, and I went to see Twisters.  Overall, I'd say it was okay.  Glenn Powell was good in what I understand is now his trademark character, someone who starts off being somewhat unscrupulous or bad, who becomes the hero.  Actors who endure usually take on a variety of rolls.  Daisy Edgar Jones however?  She looks like she 16 and has a mealy kind of character who becomes a heroine... sort of.  Where you can see the different stages of Powell's transition, hers is... kind of mealy... if you know what I mean.  I was surprised by how little chemistry was between the two leads.  On the plus side, there is Glenn Powell in a white T-shirt, the special effects are spectacular, and the sucking power of tornadoes is always amazing.



Within the next 48 hours, Kamala Harris will announce her choice for Vice President.  So, who will it be?  Right now, supposedly, it's between 3 individuals, Tim Walz, Mark Kelly, and Josh Shapiro, and right now everyone is looking for an oracle to divine the truth.  If this is true, then my feeling that she'd go with Andy Bashear, the Democrat Governor from Kentucky is wrong.  Of course, I don't think too many actually believed that Trump would go with Vance, a man whose political strength seems to be ass kissing, so until the announcement is made we're all left guessing.

And there's a lot of chatter out there about how the Trump campaign is flailing, and how in-fighting is taking it's toll.  Good.  A number of billionaires are unhappy.  Good.  Panic mode is upon them.  Musk's Zit filled social network is under investigation up in Michigan for illegally gathering voter information in an attempt to help Trump.  One of the fake electors in Arizona has flipped; might this be another election interreference charge for Trump?  Basically, he's out playing golf in a storm and is too blinded by his own ego to see the vortex approaching.  I don't doubt that very soon, Donald Trump, the Orange Anus, is going to learn first hand about the sucking power of tornadoes.




11 comments:

  1. I really cannot understand how a man as hot as Glenn Powell could have so little chemistry on screen with some of his leading ladies.
    I think Twisters is the kind of movie that's fun to see in theaters, though. All those special effects...
    And I think we should just go with whomever Kamala decides is going to be her running mate. Her campaign has been quite savvy up to this moment, so I think whichever they choose is going to be ok. I promised I will block whomever starts with a '... yes, but he's...' when talking about the nominee.
    And love to see DonOld freaking out about Kamala and Elmo being investigated. Yes.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you knew, hotness has nothing to do with onscreen chemistry. And, honestly, it's not going to matter who she picks.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the powerful vortex of the blue tornado and that independent category 5 hurricane will be ready to pummel Trumpy and company in November. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all the storm warnings in the world aren't going make Republicans run for cover.

      Delete
  3. I'm still not sure why Hollywood feels the need to keep redoing the same movies over and over.

    And I was getting into a heated debate at work today with one of the sales ladies who apparently says Kamala doesn't have a chance in hell of winning. Needless to say the conversation went South and I was getting very heated. She's a woman.... why would she vote for Trump? Do these people not have brain cells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.
      Not one brain cell left. It's useless to talk to them.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. You have to remember, these people are cultists, and some are religious cultists, who think God sent Trump specifically to them.

      Delete
  4. My peach tree is loaded again this year but they never amount to much, sadly. By the time the birds and the wasps have finished with them there's not much left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I may put in a hazelnut tree, of course, no matter what's there, I'll be feeding the damn squirrels.

      Delete
  5. Elon thinks he can do what he wants.

    ReplyDelete