Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Moving Back to Normal

 Well, we had rain... lots of rain.  Torrential downpours.  Our current temp is 69 (F).  The prediction is for it to hit the mid 80s (F), and it's possible that we may get more showers.  Same old, same old for tomorrow.  In fact, I stepped outside and it's drizzling now.  And on Friday, Debby's supposed to arrive.  The predictions so far are for about 2 inches of rain.  After that, everything will be green again and mowing will once again commence.

I checked in the basement this morning and there was no water.  Not only did we have heavy rain, we had wind.  I lost a branch from my gingko tree.  It looked odd, whipping back and forth in the wind. 


And for those interested, I have begun the puppy search.  Living here in Central PA, as Maddie will tell you, we're very close to Lancaster country where there innumerable numbers of puppy mills.  I bought Lily from one of them that seemed rather reputable, and she had problems with socialization.  They're all located on farms, and the owners are breeding a number of different breeds. They're less expensive, and they're AKC registered, but there's so much inbreeding it's ridiculous.  So, this time I'm probably going to be driving a couple of hours.  We are moving back to normal.

Last night this happened!


I saw snippets and pieces.  What joy!  As someone pointed out, there wasn't a silly hat, no weird costumes, and no vulgar signs.  It's my understanding that the Main Stream Media news shows (except possibly Fox Entertainment) aired the entire 80 minute celebration in its entirety.  There was no "wanna be a billionaire" ego on stage, just two people who came from the middle-class.  When they say that in America, anyone can grow up to be president, this is what they mean.  

My brother told me he thinks millions will vote for Trump because they're so opposed to a Madam President.  I told him he's wrong.  Republicans totally underestimate how much the Spawn of Satan is hated in this country.  Those who don't want a Madam President will sit this one out, believing that in four years they'll be able to put a man back in the White House.  The Orange Anus is a cancer, and only the stupid will infect themselves with cancer.





10 comments:

  1. Good luck on the search...I'll be there right with you as we will also be searching for a new dog to replace Lillith. I got Buster from Pet Finders...and I got him in NJ near Wildwood from the foster home he was being trained in. Both dogs I had were found through Pet Finders and the best dogs I ever had. And Buster is still going!

    And news flash to Trumpers...I know many republicans who are not voting for his fat ass this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pet Finders is now saved. Hardline Republicans simply do not understand this movement.

      Delete
  2. Lots of Republicans are coming out saying they'll vote Harris.
    Debby has given us rain; not torrents, but non-stop all day and night. I just hope we're spared a lot of wind with so many trees around the house and throughout our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is fine, we can use it. And Republicans are voting for Harris because they hate Trump so much. And if she turns out to be half-decent, in their minds, they might stick around for 2028.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh
    Adopting/rescuing is the way to go when it has to do with pets. I like Mads' idea. Puppy mills are a disgrace, tbh.
    And I watched the whole rally on YouTube. It was fantastic. There was a livestream and twitter's count was in the thousands.
    I like their chemistry. Very laissez-faire but also very centered on policy and the future of the country.
    Walz was a surprise. They're starting to try to smear him but he's such a Midwestern Dad that his record speaks for itself. Look out for 'China Connections' and Swiftboating.
    They have nothing.
    And tell your brother that those who won't vote for a woman are telling on themselves.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have very good chemistry. Shapiro's introduction was a homerun, it shows team players in action. A lot of Christians would rather cut off their right hand than vote for a woman.

      Delete
  4. we have had nothing but downpours here too. Conspiracy theorist in the office think it is the government seeding clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new puppy. I REALLY wanted a dog when I first retired but thankfully I'm over that now. I know they're great company but with my life as it is right now I think the constraints would get to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs do require time, and while I truly want to see Greece, I'm mostly a homebody.

      Delete