Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Mocking Trump

 We're off to a cool Wednesday with temps down into the upper 50s (F).  This is what they call good sleeping weather.  Our high today may be 74 (F), and I do mean maybe.  Yesterday forecasters had predicted a high in the low 70s (F) and that never happened.  Could it be that autumn weather is approaching us so soon?  Don't count on it.  

Honestly, I have to admit I cannot believe there are only 10 more days left in August.  I want to ask where has the summer gone?  So far it hasn't been a bad summer.  We've only had about a week or so of hot temps, though I do think it's been drier than the past 3 summers.  My lawn was brown, but Debby did my lawn and now it's green.  I'll give the verge another trim tomorrow.

As expected, I did very little yesterday, other than 3 loads of laundry.  

In The Body in History, the Eli and Max have just met Hermann Trigga in a chapter that's titled, appropriately enough, The Trigga Effect.  He is a real estate entrepreneur and his wife is a yoga instructor with her own YouTube channel.  They are a power couple who like to talk without saying much.  We all know people like this, who are so ever happy to talk and never seem to shut up.  They appear to be nice, perhaps a little to focused on their own endeavors, but appearances can be deceiving.  Could one of them be a cold blooded killer? 

One of the things I like about character creation is the way in which they evolve.  I start with a name, and as the story progresses personality traits develop.  They start thinking about the words they say, and how they appear.  Hermann is business casual.  He likes his slacks to have freshly pressed creases, a style he feels defines how sharp he is.

Of course, last night was the 2nd night of the Democratic Convention.  One word describes it best:  Wowza!

What wasn't there to love?  The musical roll call done to the beat of a DJ was rockin!  Even John McCain's bitter daughter posted how everybody in the arena was "having a blast."  Each state had it's own song!  You had Republicans on stage telling America why they were voting for Harris!  You had Michelle Obama, who some say gave a better speech than Barack. And, of course you had Barack himself.  I actually had the joy of seeing him speak live.  He is a dynamo!  One of the things he brought up was Trump's fixation on crowd size. That moment was special for 2 reasons, one being his hand gesture.  The other was that stunning moment when the screens in the arena simulcast a Harris rally happening at the same time in Milwaukee.   


That's right, 2 different arenas were filled to capacity, the one in Chicago where the convention is being held, and the other in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where another 15,000 were gathered to hear Kamala Harris.  That's 34,000 people simultaneously.  And it was done on purpose because the Orange Anus has problems filling up small arenas.  They publicly mocked Trump.  And it was wonderful, because Orangie, even in his wildest dreams, could never pull off something like that.


8 comments:

  1. As Michelle Obama mentioned in her terrific speech at the DNC in Chicago, Trump is seeking one of those “black jobs”, as he calls them. :)
    They need to place Michelle on the Supreme Court to restores its honor, dignity and most of all, TRUST.

    And notice that Kamala filled the venue at Milwaukee with thunderous applause, unlike Trump whose team had banners covering up tiers of empty seats.
    The DNC has been electric and the Obama’s have set it on fire. :)
    When Jimmy Carter votes for Kamala and Walz, it will be icing on the cake ! :)
    We can finally put an end to Trumpism, vote blue !
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That moment when Harris addressed both the Milwaukee crowd and the Chicago crowd at the same time is priceless.

      Delete
  2. His fat head is already exploding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so are the ketchup bottles. They are forcing him to do something stupid.

      Delete
  3. Oh, it was an EVENT.
    Let's see what right wing media finds to be 'bad'. They'll find something.
    Michelle was on FIYA. I talked to a friend that teaches Speech and I told him that if he makes me a speaker a fraction as good as Michelle, I'd sign up for his class.
    Damn. And then comes Barack and does the size gesture? I fell off my chair. Ketchup flew.
    I liked Doug's speech and Ana Navarro's speech too.
    And you are right, when they did the simulcast I was gagged. Those Gen Z aides are killing it.

    BTW, the DJ tracklist is on Spotify. Worth adding.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The GOP is panicking, and that's fine with me. I had NBC on during the simulcast the anchors were "hey, what is this. Breaking news? Breaking news?" It was so wonderful

      Delete
  4. Can you invent a character based on our Mrs. Tupperware??? She never shuts up and is totally invasive. Life hasn't been kind to her but ....! I picked my friend up from the airport last Saturday (she had been to her mom's funeral) and Mrs. Tupperware called her at 15 minutes past midnight "because she saw the lights were on"!!!!! And then there is my son's MIL. She NEVER listens when anyone is speaking and constantly interrupts. As I told my other son at the wedding last week "excuse me for talking while you're interrupting"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The real problem is that none of these people will ever change. Either they were never taught consideration, or they simply don't care.

      Delete