Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, August 25, 2024

The Honeymoon is not going away

 Morning Temp? 65 (F).  The summer left-overs have arrived, at least until Wednesday.  Each day is going to be a tad warmer until we top off at 98 (F), then our daily highs are going to drop back into the mid to upper 70s (F).  Humidity is also on the rise, so this morning's a bit clammy, though clams are usually wet, not sticky.

I went into work yesterday and was surprised to see that I had racked up over $15,000 in sales during the 2 days I was off.  Since I didn't have any installs even close to that amount, I checked my sales details.  Shutters.  About 2 weeks ago I'd set up an appointment between a customer and our Rockwell Shutter expert.  The customer bought $10,000 worth of interior shutters.  Wowza!

The sneakers I ordered arrived yesterday.  The soles are baby blue. Aahhh!  I'm not really a baby blue person, though I don't think I'll have much of a problem since I'll be walking on the blue.  Of course, the soles going to look quite crappy once they get dirty.

My new neighbor's son left for college yesterday, he's going to Temple University in Philadelphia, not a bad school.  Their daughter, in her early teens, just started junior high.  So, I was surprised when my neighbor told me this meant she was going to be an empty nester.  I'm fairly certain she doesn't know what an empty nester is.  Just like the time she told me that she needed to take power naps.  She's a stay-at-home mom whose only job is housework, though I guess with one teenager at home and the other in college, that can be exhausting.

Today is Sunday, that means it's going to be a slow day for news, though there was this during the past week.


Carville's kind of been a bit wishy washy here of late, especially with Harris getting the nomination, though this statement hits the nail right on the head.  Since Harris's announcement, her campaign has raised almost half a billion dollars.  Over 200,000 people have volunteered to help fight the MAGA cultists.  The defection of Kennedy to Trump's campaign had zero effect; voters did not follow his lead.  You can see the Republican energy levels dropping.  Project 2025 has been renamed a third time to something like The 180 Day Plan.  Success for Trump, while once thought to be guaranteed, might now be a lost cause.  This means they will cheat, any and everyway they can.  The Republican inability to understand America is matched by their inability to understand the Biden government.  They rely on a stupidity similar to that of their MAGA cultists.  The cheaters will be caught and prosecuted.  Trump will lose because he, like the GOP, are thinking like it's still the 1950s.  Many Republicans believe he'll win because a majority of Americans will vote for the male candidate, rather than the one most qualified.  Will he lose by a landslide?  That possibility is beginning to look more and more like a reality.




2 comments:

  1. Two things: for a great many years my mother was a stay at home mom and she did a lot more than just housework.

    Secondly: let's not get complacent that this is a sure thing, like we did with Hillary since we all know what happened there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, Bob, you mom is (and was) so much better than Joyce. And I don't see complacency on our Bingo card. Lessons have been learned.

      Delete